Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Stony Paths and Strong Shoes

 
Have you ever felt overburdened by the path which you are traveling?  Does your soul ever want to leave the path to find rest for your weary feet?  Do you ever feel like you are lost because the stony path which you are traveling never seems to smooth out or level off? 


Well, there is an old Irish saying, "If God sends you down a stony path, may he give you strong shoes."  Truthfully, God is the strong shoes.  From my stony path experience, God has persistently comforted my weary feet.....and He has carried me without my acknowledgment.  My soul would be in worst shape without His supporting love.  The secret is to praise Him with each step you take....to offer your suffering up for His glory.  The suffering experienced along a stony path is the sacrificial love you have for your family and friends.  This is the mystery of God's love.  Suffering isn't always considered apart of loving someone, but how can we reject it when Jesus sacrificed His life for us on Calvary.  He walked a stony path for us as he also carried the cross.  He bore the weight of suffering from all directions of his body....not just His weary feet.  He did this for He loves us.

This morning, my foot hit a stone unexpectently along my path, but instead of remembering to call out to God for help, I practically threw the stone....not such a loving response, but I do recognize my error....so I praise God for showing me this mistake which strengthened my shoes.  The next time a stone appears along my path...and believe me it will.....for my life has been nothing but a stony path.....I will call upon God for His supporting heart strengthens my heart which allows compassion to flow from my soul to others who are traveling the path with me. Compassion is a glorious result of God's mysterious suffering love.

"You heard me on the day when I called, and you gave new strength to my heart." - Psalm 138


No comments:

Post a Comment